Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paper Bag Mask Monsters Made From A Vintage Book

I have a "way too big" collection of books about making things.  Recently my daughter was looking through one of my vintage "making things"books and wanted to create these paper bag monsters.  She actually really had a lot of fun making these (and so did I).  It just goes to show you that even old books have some great ideas.



This is my daughter C's mask.



Here is my mask creation.



Here is the book that this idea came from.  It is dated 1974.  When I researched further it is said to be Volume 9 of Worldbook's Childcraft Encyclopedia of awesome things.  I'm sure we'll be making more things from this book.


What some of your favorite books about making things?
(vintage or not)

Other Projects that we have made with Paper Bags:


6 comments:

  1. This is an adorable project! We have several "make things" books, but I cannot say that daughter is particularly interested in them - at least not yet. Perhaps I need to place them more strategically in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun masks! They remind me of the book Where the Wild Things Are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My group of toddlers love the book Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly (they especially love repeating 'Ed Emberly' after I say it!) And these masks look just like Big Green Monster! A must make for us! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny when seeing your kids enjoy your "make things" books, they interested and enjoyed the books,wow. I like the "Things to Make and Do", thanks for sharing, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have those childcraft books some where. I use to look through them as a kid. I wonder where they are though now.

    ReplyDelete